Updated June 2022
HostPapa stepped into the web hosting market back in 2002. Thanks to its affordable services and progressive use of green energy, the provider quickly rose in success. In the last two decades, HostPapa has established itself as an industry leader in terms of reliability, technical expertise, data security, and unparalleled, award-winning customer service.
An ever-growing number of individuals and small to medium-sized businesses rely on HostPapa to provide dependable web hosting services and put their trust in the company’s experts. Read on for a deep dive into HostPapa’s many services so you can decide if they’re the right web host for your business needs.
HostPapa Plans & Pricing (2022)
HostPapa offers a large variety of plans to suit the needs of your business, ranging from budget solutions to large-scale ones. With all HostPapa services, you can count on their team of 24/7, multilingual support experts to help you make the most of their tools and guide you through any challenges.
Their services include:
- Shared Hosting
- Managed WordPress Hosting
- Email Hosting
- Domain Registration
- SSL Certificate Plans
- VPS Hosting
- Website Builder
Let’s take a look at each one.
HostPapa offers excellent web hosting plans for newbies and business owners, including a free domain name, unlimited bandwidth and disk space, and a free SSL certificate and Cloudflare content delivery network (CDN).
Three web-shared hosting plans are offered by HostPapa, each one tailored to the size and requirements of your website. Some essential features are included in all three packages; for example, you can sign up for a free domain for the first year. If you’re new to hosting, a team of experts is ready to help with a free 30-minute training session. Along with web hosting, you can secure your store with a free SSL certificate.
- Starter: Designed for blogs, this plan costs $3.95/month, and includes two websites, 100GB of disk space, unlimited bandwidth, and free domain registration.
- Business: Currently on sale for $3.95/month, this plan offers unlimited websites, free domain registration, unlimited disk space, advanced features, and unlimited bandwidth.
- Business Pro: Offering enhanced speed and performance, Business Plan is $12.95/month and comes with unlimited websites, bandwidth, and disk space, focusing on performance enhancement and security measures.
Managed WordPress Hosting
Through cPanel, you can install any popular content management system (CMS) on a shared hosting plan. HostPapa offers multiple WordPress-specific shared hosting services, but their Managed WordPress hosting adds enhanced speed, maximum security, and easy management.
Jumpstart your business with one of HostPapa’s three Managed WordPress plans:
- Launch: For $19.95/month, this plan includes 25GB SSD storage and up to 100,000 website visitors a month.
- Launch Plus: If your business is growing, this plan includes 50GB SSD storage and up to 250,000 website visitors a month for $39.95/month.
- Launch Pro: Ideal for medium and large organizations, this plan includes 100GB SSD storage and up to a million monthly website visitors for $69.95/month.
Email is a necessary component of any successful business operation, but choosing the best email provider for your company can be difficult. To serve small business owners like you, HostPapa offers multiple cost-effective email solutions.
With HostPapa, you can create a mailing list and reach millions of customers with a single click and easily create and personalize email campaigns. HostPapa offers three business email packages:
- Basic: This plan has a maximum email storage capacity of 1 GB, with a maximum sent file size of 35 MB. It’s priced at $1/month.
- Advanced: The higher-level plan can store up to 5 GB of emails, and lets you send large files through file sharing for $2/month.
HostPapa offers domain registration - a requirement for owning a domain for your business. When you register a domain name, you establish the starting point for your Internet address. Choose from traditional domain endings such as .com and .net, or branch out and try something new with domain endings such as .club and .guru.
HostPapa has two SSL certificate plans to assure your visitors that they can safely browse your website:
- Single: One SSL certificate for a single domain (i.e. mydomain.com) for $29.99/a year.
- Wildcard: Unlimited subdomains for a single domain and its subdomains (i.e. sub.mydomain.com, sub2.mydomain.com) for $89.99/a year
Increasing the size and traffic of websites requires more resources. HostPapa offers five managed VPS plans designed to scale as your site grows in popularity and size. Your data is also stored on SSDs (solid-state drives), allowing your site to load faster.
- Mercury: Priced at $19.99, this plan offers a 4 Core CPU, 60GB of space, and 2GB of memory.
- Venus: Offers the same 4 Core CPU, along with 125 GB and 4 GB RAM at $59.99.
- Earth: With 8 Core CPU, you’ll get 250 GB of space and 8 GB RAM for as low as $109.99.
- Mars: Save up to 15% and pay as low as $169.99, get 500 GB SSD Storage, 8 Core CPU, 16 GB, and transfer up to 2TB data.
- Jupiter: Pay as low as $249.99 for 12 Core CPU with 32 GB of memory and extra features.
With HostPapa, you can create a new website for your business in just minutes. No design skills are required - choose between a large selection of templates to build your website exactly the way you want it. You can also start selling your products right away with their highest level plan. HostPapa offers four Website Builder plans:
- Starter: Pay as low as $2.99/month for free domain registration, up to 2 pages, and mobile-friendly design templates.
- Business: Unlimited space, free domain registration, up to 1000 pages, and a mobile-friendly interface for $9.99/month.
- Premium: Unlimited space, up to 1000 pages, free domain registration, advanced HTML and CSS editing, and header/footer code injection for $19.99/month.
- Enterprise: The highest level plan is $39.99/month and offers free domain registration, up to 1000 pages, 45+ payments gateways, inventory tracking, advanced HTML and CSS editing, header/footer code injection, and no additional transaction fees.
Pros & Cons
There are many reasons why HostPapa is a trusted name in web hosting. Here are just a few:
No hidden fees - when they say free domain, they mean it
Quick servers compared to their competition
Push solar and wind energy, a positive environmental initiative
Services for small businesses at lower prices
99.9% guaranteed uptime
594 MS page loading speed
24/7 expert customer support
High-security features to protect your website from attacks
30-day money-back guarantee
Free site migration with select plans
Free domain name with select plans
Easy-to-use control panel, even for newbies
Free automatic backups available only on select plans - the basic plan requires manual backup
No modes of self-run speed enhancement
HostPapa Frequently Asked Questions
What is HostPapa?
HostPapa is a privately owned Canadian company with different web hosting plans. When it was first established, HostPapa would cater only to small businesses, but soon enough, it caught the eye of all who wanted quality web hosting services – regardless of the size of their business.
Where is HostPapa located?
HostPapa is primarily based in Canada.
Where are the HostPapa servers located?
HostPapa has servers in Canada, the US, and Europe.
HostPapa provides a variety of hosting options, including shared web hosting, VPS hosting, Managed WordPress hosting, and more, proving it belongs on the list of top hosting providers for 2022 as well.
With HostPapa, your website will be ready to serve tens of thousands of visitors per month with its rock-solid performance. HostPapa also has an extensive Knowledge Base with helpful guides on how to grow your digital presence, improve your website, and everything related to having more impact online.
Our webmasters do extensive research to determine accurate scoring for each web host. Learn more here.
Ready to rock with HostPapa?
Help Us Help You
Making these in depth reviews isn’t easy and we’d love to hear your feedback, did we
do a good job, what did you find informative, what was missing, what could be
better, we’re very interested in your experience, please do share!